1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any PGCE primary applicants for UEL here?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Tntsmum, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I've read a lot across forums trying to find others that have done or are going to be doing their primary PGCE's at UEL and can't find anyone! (Apart from a few years back!)

Just wanted to find out about an up to date experience as in the e-mail I received for my interview we are not told to prepare for any lesson plans, book presentations etc and I'm desperate to know what the interview is like before I go!

Well if no one replies in time before my interview on the 18th I will post something when I return! lol.

Thanks

TnT

2. Hi there,

I've read a lot across forums trying to find others that have done or are going to be doing their primary PGCE's at UEL and can't find anyone! (Apart from a few years back!)

Just wanted to find out about an up to date experience as in the e-mail I received for my interview we are not told to prepare for any lesson plans, book presentations etc and I'm desperate to know what the interview is like before I go!

Well if no one replies in time before my interview on the 18th I will post something when I return! lol.

Thanks

TnT

3. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

Hi there - I had my interview in December and have received an unconditional offer! The day consisted of an individual interview, a group task, observing some teaching, and Maths and English tests. It wasn't too bad - just be yourself! For the interview, read up on a current issue in primary education and otherwise prepare for all the obvious questions. My interviewer was lovely so don't worry.
    The group task involves discussing something while a lecturer watches. Just make sure you get your points heard while listening to others and not being overbearing. You also have to make notes on some teaching, and then you have Maths/English tests.The Maths was HARD so I recommend GCSE revision books and lots of algebra. English test is pretty much common sense as long as you know your grammar.
    Just do lots of preparation and you'll be fine - very best of luck to you!