1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

any outstanding numeracy lesson ideas for year 1?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlemissnewbie, Mar 21, 2010.

1. desperate for observations....i'm on unit D2 so could be measures, addition, subtraction, prob solving... mind has gone blank in a panic [​IMG]
    anyone done anything that has worked really well??? x

2. Could you do it based on a supermarket? They weigh things. they buy things. give change. have a drink in the supermarket cafe - choosing from menu something they can afford from their given budget. and so on. You can price up all sorts of items, and you can use pictures of food items if needed. Getting chn to bring empty packets and containers will quickly get you some stock.
    Depends on how many chn you have and any support.

3. EBC

EBC New commenter

I was used the idea of Funny Bones books. I think sparkle box has pictures of each character. I blew them up onto A3- then drew boxes around the character...Length of arm- My estimate in cubes.... Actual length........
    LA: had TA support MA: as above HA: the dog skeleton with unit cubes and question in envelopes for after.

4. great ideas thanks peeps x

5. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

The actual lesson sounds great. But I wouldn't recommend using ********** - not now that we know about Daniel Kinge/ Samuel Kinge