1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any other Hull Citywide GTP`s starting Sept 11?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Emmylou717, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hi everyone.

Just wondered if anyone else on here is starting there GTP with Hull Citywide in Sept? If so which Subject? did you get the placement you wanted?

What are you doing to prepare? any advice on equipment etc to start getting together?

2. Hi, nice to speak to someone else in Hull!
    I've been offered
    a place for ICT. Apart from scouring the internet for ideas and
    resources I'm just waiting to go to the open night the week after next.
    There are a few posts already about equipment on here
    (https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/499273.aspx) but until we've had
    the welcome pack most advice is to wait and see what they tell us to
    get.
    I am visiting my host school in a few weeks for a couple of
    days which should help me know what to prepare. To be honest, I'm not
    sure yet how we are expected to prepare. Which subject are you doing and
    are you visiting your school before September?

3. Oh, I forgot to add books!: I was encouraged to read Sue Cowley's "How to survive your first year in teaching". It's kind of for your NQT year but is relevant. I'm finding it quite interesting and it seems to be calming some of my anxieties about the year ahead!
    I've also bought a curriculum revision book to refresh my subject knowledge (it's been a while since I studied ICT) and have been looking at the OCR units which I know my school teaches. Hope that helps!

4. Just thought I would bump in case any other Hull GTP - ers are now on here?

5. Hi,

I was a GTP mentor last year and I book i can recommend is 'How to be a brilliant trainee teacher' by Trevor Wright. It deals with all the teaching stuff plus worklife balance and relationships with a mentor etc..

Hope it helps.

6. Thank you have requested it from the library and will give it a good read.