1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any organisation/presentation of teaching file tips?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by microkhush, Oct 1, 2015.

1. microkhush

microkhush New commenter

I'm about 2 weeks into my School Direct Secondary Sciences course. Does anyone have any tips for how to organising and presenting the teaching file? I like to know what I'm aiming for when getting things done. Whilst I think I understand the requirement of each section, I'd love to hear from any NQTs or experienced teachers about their experience of putting their evidence together to successfully get QTS.

Advice, links to blogs, YT videos...all welcome.

Thanks!

2. missrturner

missrturner Occasional commenter

Yes yes yes. I'm a bit of an organized folder weirdo. I have three folders. In my first folder I have
    School Info (marking policies, planning policies etc) Class Info (Names/dobs of all children, levels of all children, any IEPS/G&Ts)

Then I have my PLANNING & ASSESSMENT folder. At the front I have my curriculum overviews/long-term plans for my class. Then I have my medium term plans for my class. Any individual observations/lesson plans go at the back. Every section is marked off with a title page that I glue on to card and stick into a plastic wallet to separate my sections.

My NQT file has a contents page with each of the main strands. Then it has individual title pages for each of the main teaching standards, with the sub-strands typed on to it following a blank tic box. I then file away my evidence into each standard and when I meet with my tutor we discuss if we have met a certain standard. If I have we agree to tick the box. I also have photocopies of my observations and feedback sheets at the back in date order starting with the most recent. Hope this helps :)

questionsandanswers likes this.
  3. bananatree84

bananatree84 Occasional commenter

I am the same as missrturner. 3 files. First is planning file with subject dividers. Second is evidence file which I have done in the order of the teaching standards and everything is labelled with which standard it applies to. Thirdly I have my file for school info, Schooldirect handbook and relevant forms, meeting notes etc.

4. Snoopy1975

Snoopy1975 New commenter

I had a few during my PGCE. I had 2 per placement. 1 was information and data including policies and the other was split into sections linked to the teaching standards and contained the evidence. They were properly organised and enormous!

I started one for my NQT year and kept that in teaching standards sections and put in important evidence. I had a separate data folder anyway.

Your provider may advise you on this anyway. Good luck!