1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any one ever taken up tap?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oldsomeman, Apr 16, 2011.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

Strangely im having these desires even though im not pregnant........I somehow imagine that id like to try tap but havent a clue wether i can do it! lol
    Might even help me lose weight once i start the body moving lol
    Ideas?

2. I did tap for 5 years. It is incredibly difficult and you need to have basic rhythm before you start and a hell of a lot of stamina!

3. oldsomeman

sounds if il be scratching that idea..although im good at rythmn.so im told[​IMG]

4. Would love to ! Wonder if you live close to me and we could go together!!

5. oldsomeman

haha not unles you live in east london....
    actually just thought my daughter did her exams in tap and ballet.....second thoughts ...no i wont bother asking her.

6. lol about 200 miles away !

7. Tap is great - I've still got me tap shoes!
    Honestly, it's great for exercise and enjoyment. If you have the inclination then have a go, I'm sure you will love it. Just wish there were more Adam Garcia's about, although there are a couple of tappers in 'So you think you can dance' this year. Go, go, go.......

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I think I've probably done the tap dancing joke to death where I had to give it up because I kept falling in the sink. That and the line dancing variation where I kept tripping over the pegs and breaking my ankles.
    We need new dances and new jokes about them.

9. As long as you can find a beginners class - give it a go! The only proviso is that if you have trouble with your knees it might make it worse if you don't warm up enough.
    Have a go and enjoy nothing ventured nothing gained [​IMG]