1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any NQTs in the Nottingham area?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by squirlywhirly, Aug 31, 2011.

1. I'm starting on Monday at an 11-18 secondary in Nottingham - getting very nervous! Will be teaching MFL (French & German).

If there are any other NQTs in Nottingham who'd be up for a 'blind' drink or something anytime soon I'd love to hear from you! Have just moved down here from Leeds so need to meet new people :)

2. Sorry I can't meet but yes I am a Nottingham NQT and yes I too ma very nervous!
    Where will you be teaching?
    Kim

3. Unfortunately, I can't meet but I am an NQT in Nottingham too. Will be in Year 3, really excited!!

4. Well glad to see there are least 2 other NQTs around here anyway! I didn't mean meet up exactly when I posted the first message, but maybe in a couple of weeks when we've all settled in a bit?!

Kim, I'm at a school in Sandiacre, what about you?

Hannah

5. I'm an nqt who is new to notts as well! Working as a year 3 teacher in broxtowe - started last tues with my class. I actually buying a house in sandiacre! X

6. nebveb

nebveb New commenter

I've started at a Special School in Notts 14-19. Am an NQT as well - don't live in Notts but not too far away.

7. Would that be a school with a daft fish logo? If so that was my second placement school!!

I'm in Kimberley so 1 junction down.

Is anyone going to the Nottinghamshire LA NQT Session next Friday at the water sports center?