1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any Netball & Hockey Tour Recommendations??

Discussion in 'School trips' started by Locky12, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am looking into running a tour in October for either netball or hockey and would like to know if anyone would recommend a destination and/or company?
    What were the highlights and would you go again?
    I am planning on taking year 9 and 10 (13-15yr olds)
    Thank you in anticipation

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

One of my PE colleagues has said get yourself onto the England Netball website and ask on there.

3. I did a netball tour to Holland earlier this year - with a company called Masterclass, they were brilliant!

4. Hi Locky12,

You may have found a trip by now but if not or for future trips I'd thought I'd let you know the kind of thing we offer. Here at STA Travel we provide netball and hockey tours in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. We also do combination sports tours, so could do a hockey and netball tour for you.

In terms of destination we offer a great tour to South Africa, where we can combine a more traditional tour where the sports team can play against local ones with the option of coaching local townships, giving the students a chance to give back to a community as well as developing their sporting skills and there is also some down time where we can arrange sight seeing, trips to the beach and other activities. It?s a great tour, which can really open the students eyes to the wider world.

You can see some of the sports tours we offer here: http://www.statravel.co.uk/multi_sports_tours.htm However we can tailor trips to meet your needs if you send us an email enquiry and we can also arrange for one of our educational trip co-ordinators to visit if you wanted. Otherwise feel free to ask me anything on here.