1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any NASUWT members marking SATs Writing papers?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by smallschool, May 4, 2012.

1. smallschool

smallschool New commenter

I'm an NASUWT member, and I have been asked if I would mark the Yr6 Writing tasks for our school. I remember the Union saying we are taking action 'short of strike' action, but can't remember if this was covered by that. I cant say that I mind marking it, as the school are offering time in which to undertake it, but I don't want to say yes, then realise I shouldn't have, and we move house on Monday, so heaven knows where that bit of paper is!

2. smallschool

I'm an NASUWT member, and I have been asked if I would mark the Yr6 Writing tasks for our school. I remember the Union saying we are taking action 'short of strike' action, but can't remember if this was covered by that. I cant say that I mind marking it, as the school are offering time in which to undertake it, but I don't want to say yes, then realise I shouldn't have, and we move house on Monday, so heaven knows where that bit of paper is!

3. http://www.nasuwt.org.uk/consum/groups/public/@press/documents/nas_download/nasuwt_008627.pdf

4. smallschool

I'm still not clear about marking of the papers, the head teacher is invigilating the SATS, but should I mark them or not. I am being offered paid time to do so, but I dont want to agree if its against the action.
    Any ideas?

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Just make your own decision. If you feel happy to mark the things then do so. If you don't then say no. Easy!

Or, if it worries you that much, ring or email your union and ask them if you are allowed.