1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any MFLers out there?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by henriette, Jul 7, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

How many jobseekers are MFL teachers?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Interesting question henriette.
    having been on these forums for a couple of years,I believe I've spotted many a fellow MFL. Will be interesting if I've guessed correctly.
    By the way, as my username suggests, I am!

3. I agree with you Laura,
    I am one of them!
    Judging by the various posts on the forum, I am convinced there are many of us, unfortunately.

4. Lara mfl 05

Wonder what it is about us MFL that makes us what we are? I'm convinced there's something extra special about MFL colleagues and reading posts one often spots the traits.

5. henriette

henriette New commenter

attention to detail; good language skills, passion despite all the years of being ground down??????

6. Lara mfl 05

Yes agree with those, and also enthusiasm and good social skills (after all communication is at the ehart of our subject), willingness to share ideas and embrace new technology, plus often good knowledge of other areas of the curriculum as we have to 'fill' our timetables.

7. I'm an MFLer too - but trained for middle years and am searching for that elusive primary teaching job, yet again...

8. Lara mfl 05

You're one of the ones I'd 'pegged' Gila and middle training complicates the problem. At least mine was Prim?sec so I am trained right across the stages (1 year primary and 2 years Sec.)