1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any jobs out there for Supply teachers? (West Midlands)

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by kikiva, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi! I'm thinking about going into Supply teaching from September.
    I'm just interested if anybody who works as a Supply TEacher in West Midlands what he/she thinks about the job situation. How often do you get hired?
    Is August a good time to start registering with Supply agencies? do they usually look for supply teachers in September? When is the demand higher?
    I'm not sure if I should go into supply teaching because of the financial insecurity...
    I'm a TA rigth now but have QTS (travel and tourism). I have taught some maths and Engllish funcional skills but can't find a teaching position anywhere (as I haven't worked as a teacher in a UK school). Demand for travel and tourism is almost non-existent in my area...
    I thought that if I worked as a supply teacher for some time it'd give me better references but I don't know what chances there are to get work e.g. in maths without being qualified for maths teaching. And again, if there's demand for supply at all...
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thx.

2. Hi! I'm thinking about going into Supply teaching from September.
    I'm just interested if anybody who works as a Supply TEacher in West Midlands what he/she thinks about the job situation. How often do you get hired?
    Is August a good time to start registering with Supply agencies? do they usually look for supply teachers in September? When is the demand higher?
    I'm not sure if I should go into supply teaching because of the financial insecurity...
    I'm a TA rigth now but have QTS (travel and tourism). I have taught some maths and Engllish funcional skills but can't find a teaching position anywhere (as I haven't worked as a teacher in a UK school). Demand for travel and tourism is almost non-existent in my area...
    I thought that if I worked as a supply teacher for some time it'd give me better references but I don't know what chances there are to get work e.g. in maths without being qualified for maths teaching. And again, if there's demand for supply at all...
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thx.