1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any iPhone 6s owners here?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by RedBedHead94, Dec 10, 2016.

1. RedBedHead94

RedBedHead94 Established commenter

Specifically - people who own units afflicted with this blasted battery problem!

My SO bought this particular 6s on the day of release, and as tradition dictates I now have possession of it, as he has upgraded like the mindless Apple Fanboy that he is :D. It's on the serial number list and shows the symptoms Apple described as being the problem! I was told to make a genius bar appointment and they'd switch the battery out for a fully functioning one within 10 minutes, problem solved.

So I drive to Bluewater Apple Store as it's the only one that had any appointments (bearing in mind I live in Hertfordshire)... where they tell me there's a global shortage of 6s batteries and they have no idea when they'll have one in stock to fix my phone....

Which is a pain, seeing as it now overheats and decides the battery is flat multiple times a day... sometimes when i've been on the phone to someone about jobs! :eek:

So yeah - anyone else here sharing my first world problem?

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Drive a shorter distance to your nearest Argos, purchase a SIM free cheap mobile phone for £15 or less, switch SIM cards and sort out your iPhone 6 issues when Apple have got their batteries.

racroesus and RedBedHead94 like this.
  3. eloisefour4

eloisefour4 New commenter

4. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I had occasion to use my mobile phone yesterday. The first time in the best part of a year. Travelling on Southern Rail back from the works do, I discovered the train I was supposed to be on was running twenty five minutes late when it arrived and twice that when I alighted.

At the station there were no taxis, so I went to the Railway Tavern and having ordered a pint, asked if they would call one for me, which they kindly did. I was advised that the earliest one would arrive would be at 8:15pm, which as it happens, is exactly how long it takes to drink two pints of bitter and a whisky.

I called my sweetheart to tell her I would be delayed, then the phone told me I was out of credit. My fault for not checking the balance before I set off.The phone directed me to the top up service, which asked whether I wished to pay by plastic. When I accessed this part of the service, it asked if I wished to use a card I've previously used. Yes I did. It asked me to enter the last four numbers, then denied any knowledge of he card's existence and cut me off.

OK, I go back to repeat the procedure, this time trying the new card service, which went fine until they asked me to enter the postcode the card was registered to. This is impossible to do on a phone that relies on buttons. Although the buttons have characters as well as numbers on them, the service doesn't allow you to scroll through the character options for each button.

It seems that everyone is being steered towards the more expensive phones, whether they like it or not. What happened to choice?

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  5. RedBedHead94

RedBedHead94 Established commenter

6. montycantsin

montycantsin Occasional commenter

All "pay as you go sims" may run out of credit no matter what sort of phone it is in,

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  7. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

My husband has awful problems with his battery and has taken to carrying one of the charging packs around with him,

RedBedHead94 likes this.
  8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Battery powered husbands are rubbish ...

RedBedHead94 likes this.