1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any important issues facing schools at the moment?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jesska_10, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I've got my uni interviews soon, and heard that this is quite an important topic! I have tried to research important issues, via the internet but really cannot find anything. Signed up to TES magazine, but I won't be able to get it in time for my interviews. Any important issues or just educational current affairs you can think of? Thanks in advance!

2. I've got my uni interviews soon, and heard that this is quite an important topic! I have tried to research important issues, via the internet but really cannot find anything. Signed up to TES magazine, but I won't be able to get it in time for my interviews. Any important issues or just educational current affairs you can think of? Thanks in advance!

3. DM

DM New commenter

How could you not find anything?!!!!
    Start with the White Paper - The Importance of Teaching.

4. Have you really tried to research educational issues? It's not that hard to find. Seriously come on.

5. I agree with the other responses - your uni's really are going to expect to see more initiative & commitment than that - there is tons of stuff out there - it really is not that hard!
    - You can buy the TES in most news agents - it comes out every Friday.
    - Most decent (broadsheet) daily newspapers will have articles related to education.
    - Watch the news & related programmes such as news night / question time.
    - Go on the websites of decent newspapers & search under education.