1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any Ideas ?

Discussion in 'Science' started by God3, Sep 9, 2019.

1. God3

God3 New commenter

Hi Folks,
    I am a trainee teacher (school-centered) I have been given my first bit of teaching to do -not a great deal but I am looking for inspiration..I have to do a 5 min intro to the lesson on renewable and non-renewable energy sources in science for year 8.I'm thinking of a game of some sort ,-but nothing that will raise the energy in room too much -does anyone have any ideas?
    cheers

2. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

If you suggest some ideas of your own and ask people what they think, you would be more likely to get some useful responses.

3. God3

God3 New commenter

Thanks I will do

4. rehaank

rehaank Occasional commenter

I used to have this board game/ booklet that I made for GCSE physics when revising renewable and non-renewable energy with my weaker Year 11 class, however, I have since lost the file sadly.

The board game was accompanied with a booklet which had tasks in it; consolidation questions, exam questions, fill in the blanks, draw a picture etc.. for outcomes noted in the spec.

This board game was essentially a snakes and ladders game, where students roll the dice and depending on where they land (e.g. block 4 -- look at page 4 of the booklet) they had to complete the task.

The first to win, in their groups, would then win a prize (a chocolate bar).

5. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Just to clarify, do you mean you just have to do a five minute introduction and then the regular teacher takes over or are you doing the whole lesson but only want ideas for the intro?

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Blimey! It's come to something when God is looking for ideas on TES!

:p

gainly likes this.