1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas ??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by freebird06, May 25, 2012.

1. I am introducing odd and even numbers to my class soon and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas that worked for them whilst introducing this topic .
    Thank you

2. A nice rhyme I use is:
    I'm a number cruncher and my name is Bob,
    I like numbers if they're odd!
    All odd numbers taste just fine!
    They end 1 3 5 7 9!
    I'm a number cruncher and my name is Steven,
    I like numbers if they're even!
    All even numbers taste just great!
    They end 0 2 4 6 8!

We march to the tune and feed Bob and Steven with the right numbers.
    Hope that helps :)

3. Thank you.Was also thinking of putting up a washing line with socks and asking the children to pair them up.If any left over they are odd.Not sure if I explained that well.Full of cold and brain not working lol

4. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

Love those rhymes tussy! Will be stealing them to use in the near future! Thank you!

5. You are welcome, my son told it to me!

6. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

Have you got numicon in school? It is easy for the children to see the difference between the even number pieces that are rectangular and the odd pieces which the children say "have a bit missing" or "have an extra bit".
    I like the rhymes too though.

7. whizzbangbang

whizzbangbang New commenter

Hi

You could search '300 generic activities' in the TES Resources. I'm very confident my file will help you!

Thanks