1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for YR 4 stories with issues and dilemmas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teacher1974, May 14, 2011.

1. Anthony Browne's The Tunnel is a good one but some use it in Y3 so worth checking if yours have already done it!

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Anne Fine, The chicken gave it to me. Or I love 'The Fib and other stories' by George Layton.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. The Angel of Nitshill Road. Anne Fine

5. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

Picturebook called Herb the Vegetarian Dragon.

And Anthony Browne's Into the Forest

6. Thanks :~)

7. Thanks for the suggestion :)

8. Thanks :)

9. Thank you Sally

10. Hi nqtea1011 - I tried to send you a PM with my email address - did it reach you?

11. Hi - just seen an old posting regarding issues and dilemmas. I have a Yr3/4 class. Would there be any chance of you sharing with me any resources? Thank you.
    Regards
    Rob Peart

12. misslp_2

misslp_2 New commenter

Hi,
    I have just attended a course where they recommended using How to Live Forever. I plan to do a 2 week topic based on it and was wondering if you would mind sharing your resources with me. Anything would be appreciated! Thanks.
    misslp_2@hotmail.com

13. Hi there just come across your post and was wondering if you still have these resources please? I have just completed the iron man with yr 4 if you d like my planning ? My email is ldavies5@sgfl.org.uk thanks

14. Hi nqtea1011,

I am about to start a teaching placement in a few weeks and I'm thinking of doing the How to Live Forever book.
    Just wondered if you had any activities or advice about the topic, what works well and what doesn't?

Xauna

15. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I used Bill's New Frock by Anne Fine.