1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for WW2 3D art?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Flo71, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Flo71

Flo71 New commenter

I am looking for ideas to incorporate 3D art into my year 6 topic on WW2. All ideas gratefully accepted.

2. Flo71

Flo71 New commenter

I am looking for ideas to incorporate 3D art into my year 6 topic on WW2. All ideas gratefully accepted.

3. I did something similar a couple of years ago with Y6 for world war II. We examined and learnt all about Kurt Schwiiters and the techniques of collage then the children also made some 'artefacts' such as gas mask boxes, shelters, tanks etc from card which they painted. They included these with the collages which they choose somebre colours and a variety of materials for.
    The results were really atmospheric, 2 boys produced a piece that was a battlefield after a battle using muddy colours, greens etc & simulated barbed wire. It really captured the mood.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My immediate thought was a cross-section of an Anderson shelter. They'd have to make models of the shelter then furniture to go inside beds, table etc-preferably with some sort of scale to incorporate maths?

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

6. What about trench art?

7. Flo71

Flo71 New commenter

Just googled the trench art, fab idea.
    Thank you all of you for your help, I have been in Y6 since Oct (not an easy class) and it's my first time with this topic.

8. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

We did 3D Anderson shelters. They looked really effective on the board. I think the plan was from the LCP scheme, I can scan it in if you don't have that.
    You could link with shape in maths to make 3D suitcases that open and have children put in the things an evacuee took with them.