1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for the week before Christmas? Yr 7/8

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ZaphodFJ, Dec 6, 2011.

1. So, what do you do with your lot in the week before Christmas? We've looked at Santa-trackers and so on in the past. Anyone got a bright suggestion?

2. So, what do you do with your lot in the week before Christmas? We've looked at Santa-trackers and so on in the past. Anyone got a bright suggestion?

3. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Keep 'em working and tell them the holidays don't start until the end of term.

4. 5 minutes of ElfYourself at the end of the lesson but otherwise work as usual.

5. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I try to do something I wouldn't do with year 7/8 in one of our units - something like Flash animation (etc.). You can theme it according to Christmas if you like, and actually teaches them something when they might not be in the mood for "proper" learning.
    It will also give them a break from a day's worth of DVDs...

6. If you've got Adobe After Effects and a couple of webcams you can create an absolute stunner of a lesson....

7. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

End of term summative assessment?

8. Exam.

[​IMG]

9. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

Last year my lower school classess moaned like b*****y about having ICT assessments and tests at the end of winter term
    So this year they've got !!! Xmas Quizzes !!!
    They're still the same old assessments but there's now a picture of some holly in the corner

Curmudgeonly old sod ?
    Too right

10. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

I got away with that last year too, even with the GCSE kids. Gave them a three page exam, made the last question "name Santa's reindeer", put a couple of clip art pictures of Santa and holly at the top of the sheet and called it a Christmas Quiz. None of them questionned it!