1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for Reception KUW activities on 'the body' topic?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by CloakandWings, Sep 17, 2009.

1. I am trying to come up with some exciting ones for next week and not feeling very inspired! Can anyone help? Thanks, C x

2. I am trying to come up with some exciting ones for next week and not feeling very inspired! Can anyone help? Thanks, C x

3. we've been doing some great activities to do with our senses - tasting sweet, sour, bitter and salty things, smelling different smell pots and recording what they like/dislike. We also plan to go on a sound walk, look at feely books, feel objects in a feely bag etc...
    Have fun!

4. toty

toty New commenter

5. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

You could draw round the children cut out and get them to label and stick pictures/words of body parts.
    We did this by drawing round just one child and having laminated parts for them to come and stick on in hopefully the correct places, rather than each child doing their own as our children are nursery.
    Have a vareity of materials for them to feel and sort by touch
    if you have access to a microscope to use on yr iwb or pc, then look at different body parts through this for example teeth and tongue.
    you could get the children to look at their eyes and link to psrn and do some data handling on hair colour and eye colour.

6. This list is from someone on here (apologies, I can't remember who)

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Knowledge of Understanding of the World</font></h5>

7. <h5 class="western"><font size="2">Personal, Social and Emotional Development</font></h5>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Communication, Language and Literacy</font></h5>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Mathematical Development</font></h5>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Knowledge and Understanding of the World</font></h5>

<h6 class="western"><font size="2">Science and Technology</font></h6>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Knowledge of Understanding of the World</font></h5>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Physical Development</font></h5>

<h5 class="western"><font size="2">Creative Development</font></h5>

8. Thank you all :) I will definitely use some of these!

9. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Just bumping this old thread up as had useful ideas some of you might find helpful