1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for a single science lesson Yr 1?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by amyclare, Mar 19, 2012.

1. We've pretty much come to the end of our topic on forces, and have one science session left this term. I don't want to use the time for another subject as science gets so little time as it is, so I wondered if anyone had any great ideas for a standalone lesson - or one following on from forces/friction - that I can do with 30 lively but bright year 1s without any other adults being required. Preferably something practical and a little bit fun!

Thanks!

2. We've pretty much come to the end of our topic on forces, and have one science session left this term. I don't want to use the time for another subject as science gets so little time as it is, so I wondered if anyone had any great ideas for a standalone lesson - or one following on from forces/friction - that I can do with 30 lively but bright year 1s without any other adults being required. Preferably something practical and a little bit fun!

Thanks!

3. We set up a lot of practical activities and asked the children to rotate around them, identifying the push or pull that was being demonstrated in their play.
    They really enjoyed it!

4. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

An investigation or enquiry?

Bouncy balls, cars sliding down a ramp?