1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for a gift for my partner (2 year anniversary)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by polly2, Aug 24, 2011.

1. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Last year I got him a book - it had lots of pictures in that said I love you because...
    He got a key ring (a nice one) that had been engraved and we keep both parts (yes I know it is a bit corny).

Now the time has come for anniversary numero two and I am stuck for ideas. I don't want to spend the earth (maybe £25 max) as we agreed we wouldn't but do want to get something nice. He likes his guitars, fishing and movies.

2. sep2

sep2 New commenter

A Photobook, lots of free codes out there for some really nice ones.
    Photobox do lovely collage prints.
    Cook him a meal or take him out for a meal (again discount codes available so it doesn't have to cost the earth).
    Cinema voucher or make your own movie night hamper with a special film, pop corn, sweets etc.

3. What about an engraved silver guitar plectrum? I was going to get my husband one as a wedding gift. (I don't know if it is real silver or just a silver coloured metal but they are very nice). I did a photobook of our honeymoon for my husband for our 1st anniversary but that sounds like your present last year so not much help!

4. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

2nd anniversary is traditionally cotton or straw. How about getting a photo canvas done with a selection of photos of the 2 of you?

5. hurny

hurny New commenter

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Does he wear t-shirts?Maybe this one ?
    Personalised calander from getting personal (link given in previous post - they even do a musician one and will last until your next anniverasry)
    Year supply of Millies Cookies (if you have one nearby - 12cookies x12vouchers for £35)
    Something like a fishing experience? although getting a bit dearer
    Blockbuster 10 rentals for £20 voucher?
    x

7. I got my bf an engraved silver plectrum from www.notonthehighstreet.com
    The lady who made it put it on a keyring and you can have it as a necklace, a bookmark, a keyring or just a plain plectrum. I had "I Pick You" engraved on it as a bit of a pun and this was one of the suggested engravings.
    It was a bit more than £25 though..... around £70ish.

8. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Hi thanks for your replies. I actually got him a silver plectrum for his 30th and last year I got him a photobook. Some good ideas though. Love the t shirt but worried it doesn't express how much a difference he has made to me and my life. Hmm not picky at all am I? Thank you everybody. I appreciate your help!!!

9. maybe not that helpful but i just bought my hubby a power kite (£35) which he loved
    last year i got him a leather wallet and made a bunch of 'love coupons' and put them inside! (cost about £20)
    the coupons took ages to make though and he's never used them! but he did like them at the time i think he's just forgotten about them. things like 'this coupon entitles the bearer to a walk along the beach at sunset' or 'a foot massage' or 'a delicious home baked cake' (and some other more naughty ones!)
    its hard getting presents for guys tho...!

10. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Isn't it just?!
    This is quite a nice idea - I spotted an engraved card holder online which I think would be useful for his business cards - I guess I could make out some cards to go in it.

11. polly2

polly2 New commenter

[​IMG]

12. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

A steak and kidney pudding with brown sauce on granary sarnie.
    They always cheer me up.

13. Your relationship is doomed. For fuck's sake, you cannot think of one thing to get him?

The yoof of today, no brains between the lottofem

cyolba, cheerfully back into the swing of insulting jibes :)

14. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Cheers - very helpful! Can think of loads of things thank you very much but all I must say cost the earth and as I need a new roof I am saving for that.
    Still hold your head up high, and be proud of being insulting. A bit sad really!

15. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've also done this (although less soppy ones) x

16. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Think I am gonna go with my initial thoughts - the ultimate sea fishing experience. I think he will love it as he watches trawlermen all the time and says I'd love to do that!

17. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Is there something he isn't telling you?

18. polly2

polly2 New commenter

lol I watch it too! Sad I know - its a ex BBC documentary on Dave!