1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any idea which dull topic will be the focus of your training day in September?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by BrainJim, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Anyone having the misfortune of having to listen to a new head share their vision?

2. Anyone having the misfortune of having to listen to a new head share their vision?

3. Yes.

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Had that in the last Summer INSET.
    We don't have an INSET - straight into teaching on the first day back for us, kids in and everything. First time I've ever had this.
    Although the prospect of losing the day to settle in, have a natter with colleagues and finish classroom off is a little unsettling, I'm actually looking forward to getting straight back into it and not having to sit through the tedium of the first morning's INSET.

5. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

Not had an Inset day in September for years. It used to be setting up your classroom but head just assumes we'll do that anyway now.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I luuuurvvve INSET in September.

A couple of days to practise getting up in the morning, without the very early starts, and the chance for a bit of a nap during the boring bit of a session.

AND the chance to get all my sarcastic remarks out of the way while the HT is still in a good mood and so doesn't tell me off!

7. What with the shoes and the sarcasm during INSET I'm beginning to think that you are my stunt double minnieminx...

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOLOLOL Good thing we probably don't work in the same school then!

9. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I always enjoy them, because usually people bring boxes of cakes and biscuits and I eat my way through the day :)

10. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I haven't a clue what ours are on (we've 2 in a row) and as I was away on residential for the last staff briefing of the term I missed finding out what delights we have in store. Whatever happens I will be there munching on the sweets someone is bound to bring in whilst simultaneously sending messages to my ex-TA who will now be stuck with her new year group, doodling on my 'notes' and making rude/sarcastic jokes/comments where possible. I'll occasionally pay attention for a few moments, answer/ask a question to make it seem like i'm interested before going back to the doodles.

11. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

I know exactly what ours will be, it will be along the lines of "When Ofsted come they will expect to see...." and then a long reading out of Ofsted standards for the different levels of lesson grades followed by a demand for detailed lesson planning to be submitted by Friday at the latest. Oh, and there is a family of Poles/Romanians/Venusians arriving who speak no English, you need to show differentiation for them in all your planning...

12. inq

inq

We have had the agenda already.