1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any help with a suitable sublimation printer and mug press for Young Enterprise group?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by CJL, Jun 23, 2018.

1. CJL

CJL New commenter

Hello,

All I remember from a course many moons ago is to opt for continuous ink supply and to use weekly to prevent the ink drying up.

I'd welcome comments from someone using this equipment,

Thanks x

2. davidkirby007

davidkirby007 New commenter

If you are reasonably close to me Nottingham you can borrow my Sawgrass printer and Mug Press! The inks and paper are quite expensive so you should budget at least £3 per mug including 70p for each mug. My set up worked very well producing excellent professional results although wear after a while in the dishwasher is apparent.

3. mellotoya

mellotoya New commenter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/142900533847?chn=ps

you can use one like the one above. I have one of these. The first one i had went t after about 5 years. We bought another. look for the best price and after care. Ink brand names may differ.

4. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Now you have got me all excited - I was not aware one could put family / friend photos, artwork and stuff so cheaply on things. I want one !!