1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

any help of teaching English in Sydney

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by jerlyjune6617, Feb 22, 2020.

1. hello everyone from sydney... It has been my dream to work and live in sydney as an englsh teacher. Im a bit older but I think teaching has no age discrimination. Im a socially skilled woman and my being amiable coupled with a gift of singing will eventually m

TeacherMan19 likes this.
  2. any help please on how to teach and live in australia? Im very interested to teach english. million thanks.

3. kpjf

kpjf Occasional commenter

Hi,

You give us no indication of

- qualifications
    - experience
    - nationality

Maybe tell us this first.

4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

Your English isn't even nearly good enough to teach. Sorry, it's definitely better than my Hindi but still, facts are facts

mermy likes this.
  5. Chemteacher01

Chemteacher01 New commenter

You’re right, Teaching has no discrimination on age. However, immigration does.

As someone who is an expat in Australia, I can tell you it’s ridiculously hard to get into this country. It can take years to get a visa and cost a considerable amount of money. Even then, you may not be able to live in a major city such as Sydney!

Australia is a lovely place, but it’s not cheap!

6. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

[QUOTE Australia is a lovely place, but it’s not cheap! [/QUOTE]

Capital letters obviously cost a fortune.

kpjf and mermy like this.
  7. kpjf

kpjf Occasional commenter

NoT WhErE I LiVe!!

8. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Where my grandmother came from you couldn't get an H for love nor money. Not that they needed one. In 'uddersfield, 'eckmondwike and 'alifax 'urricanes 'ardly ever 'appen.

TeacherMan19 likes this.