1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any Head of Media Studies out there to help me?

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by hioannidis, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi

I'm based in the south east/ west london. Derbyshire is a bit too far for me! Thank you

2. Hi dougleman, is your department looking to recruit this year? I'm a PGCE student doing English and Media but I want to become much more Media based.

3. Hi
    No vacancies, I was just going to suggest to Helena (as she's unqualified) that an artist in residence type role for media might at least be a starting point and that I'll ask around in my area. I am having someone from another school over for the day (just to talk media, share ideas etc) - depends where you're based? For me, media was something I introduced with a colleague and it's really taken off (the department is still relatively new) but it depends on your school context - I'm very fortunate to be in a school that is open to new ideas.
    http://swanwickhallmedia.weebly.com

4. That is really fortunate - I'm finding either teachers that teach Media and English want to hold on to their Media classes or departments are dead against the subject. I know Swanwick Hall - I actually used to live in one of the catchment areas when I was much younger (Ironville!)
    Thanks for the info