1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any Groupon users about?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4046, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hello - I've never used this yet - though I've joined. Was thinking about using one of the offers, but can't seem to find info on the site about how it actually works (the deal)
    What happens if you pay the quoted offer price and not enough people sign up? Do you lose your money? If so, I won't be bothering. :)

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I love Groupon. I'm going on holiday to Cyprus in July ( half price deal and £60 upgrade to half board for week 2). I've been for a posh curry (£8 for £21 worth of food) and have two more meals booked on similar deals. Look at Living Social and Vouucher Clud as well.

3. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

*Voucher Cloud*

4. I have used the German version for my town to buy stuff at the Body Shop (saved 60%), go for a meal (another 60%) and to buy stuff to renovate my flat (85%).
    Was worth it, although usually I don't find anything that I want or need - but now and then, there is.

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I liked the sound of it but read some awful reviews so didn't bother.

6. I think you do need to be careful - I read the reviews before buying and check out any feedback on the things on offer.
    I have never booked a city trip or holiday with them, as the reviews were catastrophical.
    I do have my eye on a spa day, though - I've checked the website of the place offering it and it seems kosher. Maybe...

7. I have bought a spa day for two (with 3 treatments each) for £80- which is a real bargain considering my local salon when I checked them out charged £40 for a 45 min facial.
    One problem is that groupon vouchers have an expiry date-so you need to phone and book with deal provider (not groupon) as soon as you print out your voucher. I didn't realise this, so when I came to phone, the spa had no dates available before the deadline-however they said that they had so much demand that they were extending the offer expiry date by 2 months.
    So friend and I are going in the summer half term in June -first treatment at 10 and other 2 treatments later in the day, so we have time to have lunch as well. Really looking forward to it, and if we fancy any more treatments, we can check out the hotel spa website and book before the day.
    Other website that has a lot of beauty offers is kgb deals

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My daughter bought me a phot shoot which was lovely. I've bought a session on a segway, posh dinner for two, a week in a 5star hotel in Morocco, eyelash extensions, £20 for £9 on ASOS and others I can't remember. Not had a problem with anything so far.