1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any good WWI resources??

Discussion in 'History' started by jode123, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am starting my first teaching post at a FE college in 2 weeks!!! One of the units is the Edexcel Experience of Warfare in Britain and I am teaching the WWI section of this unit. Does anyone have any good resources for this unit that they could possibly share or guide me towards? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks

2. Hi
    I am starting my first teaching post at a FE college in 2 weeks!!! One of the units is the Edexcel Experience of Warfare in Britain and I am teaching the WWI section of this unit. Does anyone have any good resources for this unit that they could possibly share or guide me towards? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks

3. Dax

Dax

There are masses of outstandingly good online resources out there. Do a little online digging. Do more digging. But shouldn't you have had all this sorted by now? (Says he, whose lesson plans begin as he turns the classroom doorknob). Must have had a very good holiday! (I hope!) A very good place to start for WW1 - I have found - is BBC History. I use it all the time. And start trawling through Amazon for pertinent DVD's - I also teach Tudors, and found stuff by Starkey dirt cheap, almost to the point where the postage was more than the cost of the DVD. Can't stand the blighter, but he's a better teacher than me. On DVD, not in a classroom. For the Russian Revolution - I taught it for HL IB - I showed them Dr. Zhivago as an opener. They were riveted! Transfixed. For the war in the Middle East I showed them Lawrence of Arabia. Transfixed again. Good springboards - talking points. Encourages them. Encourages me! Good luck - good hunting!