1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any good/outstanding year 2 teachers out there please?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Honestly, don't be nervous about the SATs. It is the teacher assessment that counts and is reported. You don't have to do them all in one go, so they don't need to be an intrusive as you might think.

2. gld202

gld202 New commenter

Hi, sorry to jump in here. I just really like the sound of the way you organise your classroom and wondered if you could explain a bit more about it. I've had yr 1 and 2 in a mixed class this year and it's worked well, but I'm thinking of arranging the classroom a bit differently next year.
    I have been thinking of a set up similar to what you described but would like to know a bit more.
    Any advice would be great.
    Thank you

3. pownallrc

pownallrc New commenter

Hi I was just wondering if you would be willing to share some of your planning for these activities so that I could see what type of independent activites you do. Thanks

4. pownallrc

pownallrc New commenter

sorry that request was to harchie[​IMG]

5. rc07

rc07 New commenter

What did the experienced teacher suggest when you spoke to them about it? Presumably if you are very inexperienced in KS1 you will need to take advice from them at least at first, and look at the good practice they already have in place. Then see how you can work together to improve/adapt to new ideas. I am sure they have some thoughts too.