1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any experience of using companies such as servicingstop.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Jan 9, 2012.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I want to book my car in for a service and I always find it hard to find time to sort one out. Teaching in a village school is not ideal as it means I can't book my car into a garage on a work day as I need it to get to work. So I have been looking online at a company called Servicing Stop. I can book a service online and they can collect it from my work, take it to a garage and then bring it back once it's done.

Just wanted to know if anyone here has used anything like this before? Is it a good idea? Is there a better alternative? Thanks.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Most garages have a fleet of courtesy cars.

3. Gargoyle770
    My name is Craig I work at Servicing Stop in the customer service department.
    I am sorry to hear that you have some concerns in respect of your service but I would be only to happy to review this matter for you.
    Please contact me on
    craig@servicingstop.co.uk
    Look forward to hearing from you.

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

We normally opt for a courtesy car (+£15) when we book for a service, the main dealer (18 miles away) picks the car up before eight in the morning and normally leaves us with a brand new mini to knock about in, they pick it up in the evening. We know exactly how much the service is going to cost in advance, about £200. It seems simple enough.