1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any Exciting Ideas??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kenboy97, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I feel I've become stagnant and need some excitement in my class. Ive been teaching Year 6 now for nearly 12 years and feel the kids need something different. I would love to be a student and be able to go around various schools to see what people are doing. I don't mean Literacy and Numeracy just everything else.

Does anyone do anything exciting first thing in the morning (apart from spellings and tables testing)

Any fun topics or routines?

I just feel I bombard the poor kids with so much Literacy and Numeracy, God help them, the fun has gone out of teaching for me. I do a lot of ICT with them and Art but feel as if I need some small tasks to kick a bit of life back in the classroom, Any ideas?

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

A few of my lower ability still have 'target time' as soon as they come in but most of them work on a small project of their own choosing first thing. I give them about 3 weeks, 20 mins or so each morning to do this project and they are enjoying it. They have access to laptops and books if they wish. Many of them have chosen a historical theme such as wars of the roses. One has chosen Zombies. I have specified that the current project must have a line graph as part of it. I usually state something that must be included so that at least they are including something useful.