1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any examiners willing to look over some SoW for me?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by walshj77, Aug 26, 2011.

1. As it says in the title.

Anyone willing to look over some SoW and see if it meets the criteria for Unit 1 and 2?

2. As it says in the title.

Anyone willing to look over some SoW and see if it meets the criteria for Unit 1 and 2?

3. Hi
    I'm no expert or anything but, I put on a Body Image scheme onto the Resources section last year which is the one I used for my y10s last year and the moderator liked it....have a look for it and feel free to use it.
    As for Unit 2, from what I can gather (and, again I'm no expert), there needs to be a really strong focus on the text so whatever exercises you get your students to do, make sure that it explicitly refers back to the text and students are seen to be working from the text itself. Almost along the lines of AS Unit 1.....
    Hope that helps / makes sense!
    Nicky

4. Thanks Nicky, this is REALLY helpful. The moderators didn't seem to have a problem with our schemes but I just wanted to make sure with so much uncertainty. Every single lesson the kids are looking at a specific moment from the text. Always reading through the text and then using explorative strategies to explore elements of specific scenes or explore character etc.

5. Walsh, that sounds right to me. Although, I feel the same with all the uncertainty on here! As I said on the other thread, exploring sections of text using explorative strategies, drama mediums and drama elements is about right I think.

6. More than willing to look at it and give you a viewpoint on your scheme - after all, I saw enough as a moderator to know what I'm talking about, I hope. (Sorry, that was far from modest!) Leave me an email or PM me and I'll do it for you.