1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any English teachers in Sheffield?

Discussion in 'English' started by bexforde, Feb 21, 2011.

1. This might sound like a crazy post, but I really need some help.

I'm applying for a PGCE in English, to start in September. I have finished my application and sent it off, the only thing I'm worried about is my experience.
    I have had the opportunity to spend a few days in Secondary Schools that I would be able to talk about if I were asked to come for an interview, but I have not spent an extensive amount of time at a School and I'm worried that this will really affect my application. My personal statement is good and I know I could make a good impression as I'm very motivated and passionate. I also spend a few hours a week in a Junior School reading with the kids, but this is obviously a different age group to Secondary children.
    The only thing is, the Schools I have spoken to about the prospect of spending a few hours in an English lesson a week is a like asking for the third coming - even my own Secondary School didn't get back to me! Work commitments also make it difficult to fit everything in, but what I'm posting for is to ask if there are any kind English teaching souls out there (in Sheffield) who might find time for a budding, very passionate about teaching and learning little English graduate to help out and sit in their lessons every now and again? I have a recent CRB check for the work I do in the Junior Schools.

Thanks!

2. Yep. No probs. Get in touch.