1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any DT Food Teachers in the Preston/South Ribble area: Help with buying in ingredients needed.

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by qwertyplayer, May 11, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I am starting to struggle with a growing number of students who find bringing ingredients genuinely difficult to organise. I'd like to look at buying in / charging a set fee for ingredients to resolve this. If anyone local (Preston, Lancs), already has a similar system in place I'd really appreciate being able to visit your school and find out how you do this, (including any pitfalls).
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice [​IMG]

2. Hi,
    I am starting to struggle with a growing number of students who find bringing ingredients genuinely difficult to organise. I'd like to look at buying in / charging a set fee for ingredients to resolve this. If anyone local (Preston, Lancs), already has a similar system in place I'd really appreciate being able to visit your school and find out how you do this, (including any pitfalls).
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice [​IMG]

3. In the school I'm at this year it is a very, very rare occurence that pupils forget ingredients; but I taught Food in Preston last year and I appreciate your difficulty, and know the organisational reasons that you are talking about.
    I know if one school in the Leeds area that asks for £10 off each child for an academic year to cover all materials for DT rotations, including all Food ingredients and containers. Could you cost out each practical, ask for a total amount, and buy ingredients in bulk at points throughout the year?
    Mrs T