1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any dream analysts out there?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I've been having these very deep disturbing dreams recently

They usually involve a serial rapist and/or murderer who is going to come after me

In the dream, I witness them murdering/torturing other people

I know that there is no escape, and that they will come after me... I also know that they are incredibly intelligent and that nothing that I can do will protect me... sometimes it's as if they have supernatural powers

Stupid thread, I know... but just thought I'd ask.....

2. And yes.. I am very stressed...

3. I think you just answered your own question!

4. Yep... just wish I'd had a bit of brain engagement between Post 1 and Post 2...... [​IMG]

5. I would seriously consider Horlicks....or cocaine.

6. Are you expecting Ofsted?

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Here's another way of looking at it - we are all made up of sub-personalities so in a way each one of us has multiple internal identities. Imagine an orchestra of 10 musicians. Some musicians find harmony with others easily, some feel ignored, some dominate and try to take over, some rebel against the status quo etc etc.
    Your dream may represent a fear and sense of horror that one dominant and very persistent part of your character is 'murdering' another gentler part of your character.
    Just a thought.

8. Something in your life is being compromised to the extent that (the something) is being destroyed.
    Are you stifling some sort of creativity or natural side of yourself?

9. You've been watching too many episodes of Criminal Minds/NCIS/CSI or something similar!

10. Thanks everyone for your replies. This was uncanny, coffeekid, given that I also started a thread on "Music' asking if other music teachers have time to play their own instruments.... as I don't, and seem to have lost my passion for it.

11. This also makes a lot of sense, and has given me some things to think about......

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

And in light of your previous comments and what cofeekid was saying, then it could simply be that the more responsible adult side of your nature (the side that takes care of security, control, order, planning etc) is dominating and suppressing the more creative, playful, frivolous, child-like side of your nature (the musician in you).

13. Thanks Kibosh..... As you've probably gathered, i've had a bit of a procrastination problem too...so I put off my school work, and then (mentally) tell myself that I can't "play" (instruments, going to the beach, read a book......etc) until I've done my school work first... so I end up wasting a lot of time, achieve nothing, feeling completely miserable, while being endlessly worried about what I 'should" be doing..... Since I started the 'procrastination' thread, I'm getting more done, so maybe once I catch up with everything, i can have more 'me'' time.....

14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I can relate to this. The adult in me has a tendency to want to do everything that has to be done first, i.e. taking care of business. I don't procrastinate, so therefore often I tire myself out doing the essentials and have little energy left for creative fun and sit and watch the box instead (not very productive or creative). Makes me feel quite boring at times as I'm really quite a hedonistic, fun-loving gal! I get frazzled by work quite easily too and after a day/week managing the behaviour of volatile, unreasonable and stubborn people I feel emotionally drained. But hey ho, don't we all.
    Roll on the holidays.

15. Well there you are then! Start playing again.

16. Get one of these and put it over your bed. Add a load of crystals and windchimes and bob will be your close relative.
    Very soon, dreams about rapists and murderers will be replaced by nightmares about people laughing at your taste.
    [​IMG]

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Hey!!!! I've got one just like that!

18. Lol! I did a lot of gardening this weekend, clearing out this horrible creeping vine, using the garden shears. Last night's dreams involved the shears, but I kept inadvertently chopping little frogs and lizards in half.........

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Och that's easy to analyse . . . . . . you are scared that you may fall upon the sharpened tongue of a viscious shape-changing reptilian life-form that might infiltrate Earth, disguised as a creeping ivy.
    Sorted.

20. Lol! I can figure out last night's nightmare quite easily.... I was at the school concert, and the kids were being naughty.... I woke myself up trying to scream at them! [​IMG]