1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any call for tutors up to year 4

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by jaq35, May 20, 2018.

1. jaq35

jaq35 New commenter

hi

I’ve recently handed my notice in from a part time post. I’m wondering about supply and tutoring. I have 20 years experience predominantly in key stage 1 but have confidence to teach to year 4. Is there any call for tutors for children this young? Also, what time do you tutor from and to? Many thanks

2. theluckycat

theluckycat Occasional commenter

Yes, although obviously dependent on where you're based, what you price yourself at etc. I tutor YR-Year 6, although it is quite hard to keep on top of every aspect of the curriculum as it is so broad nowadays. I tutor from 4.30ish to about 7.30pm, and did use to do Saturday morning.

3. jaq35

jaq35 New commenter

Thank you theluckycat xxx

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Mrs P has only had small amounts of tutoring that young, but did have a busy year with a year 3 who needed a lot of help.

5. wickedsmartplus

wickedsmartplus New commenter

If you live in the London area, the 7+ and 8+ entrance exam means that many Year 1 and 2 students require the assistance of a tutor before the big day. Online tuition is also a great option as it allows you to be more flexible in terms of your working hours. Good luck!

6. sjs_g

sjs_g New commenter

I've been tutoring yrR to yr 4 for 18 months and surprisingly there is a demand!
    I'm hoping to break into the home schooling community now so my tutoring is during school hours and less after school and weekends.