1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any asthmatics here on singulair (montekulast)

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Waterfin, Apr 17, 2011.

1. I've been struggling with my asthma recently. My asthma nurse has upped, then lowered my steroid dose trying to find something that works without being too strong. Then, because I have perennial allergic rhinitis and am constantly stuffy and bunged up, I am on a nose spray which I think is useless and an antihistamine.
    I was relying more and more heavily on my blue inhaler and had what I would classify as a couple of moderately severe (uncomfortable, but not requiring hospital) attacks at the end of last week - severe enough for my OH to be asking if I was alright and he's used to me sounding wheezy from time to time.
    I booked an appt and saw a doctor as my asthma nurse was unavailable. He decided it sounded as if I was over-reacting (medically) to a recent cold and thought that singulair might help as it blocks a reaction receptor - or something.
    I've started taking the tablets as well as my preventative inhaler and must say that I have not had to use my blue inhaler much at all since. Have other people found this drug to be effective? It is listed as being less effective than steroids, but seem to be working for me and I'm just wondering whether it is working for me or whether I am under the placebo effect!!! (Back at docs in ten days to discuss medicine with the doctor)

2. inq

inq

Littlest Inq used it for quite a while with no adverse side effects.

3. It's amazing.
    But full effects won't be fully felt for about 6 weeks continued use.
    Quite senstive to missing the odd dose though!!!

4. My daughter has been using it for some time now,with excellent results :)