1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any amazing planning sites out there for Primary?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by SIRFRANK, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I know about hamilton trust and have googled most LEAs and find medium term plans good from places like Lancs, Stoke On Trent Cumbria etc-but has anybody got any sites for weekly plans in Lit and Maths as the more I see of this job the stupider it seems that thousands of us are spending hours each week planning the same units! eg In Maths at the moment Im on E2 Week 1(Y5) which Im sure thousands of us are on. Any 'eureka' moments out there from sites you have found. Many thanks.

2. I know about hamilton trust and have googled most LEAs and find medium term plans good from places like Lancs, Stoke On Trent Cumbria etc-but has anybody got any sites for weekly plans in Lit and Maths as the more I see of this job the stupider it seems that thousands of us are spending hours each week planning the same units! eg In Maths at the moment Im on E2 Week 1(Y5) which Im sure thousands of us are on. Any 'eureka' moments out there from sites you have found. Many thanks.

3. I can see the attraction of a one stop shop for weekly plans, but I can see the downsides to it too.
    I am a student, and am about to start week 1 of E2 with Year 3/4s, as are about 15 of my colleagues at uni, but not one of us are doing the same thing with our classes as another student is, because no two classes are alike, and every class and every child needs planning for. You can't just pick up a set of plans and follow them word for word without considering your class. Some subjects you can do that for, which is where Hamilton comes in handy, but for Maths (and to an extent Literacy) I think they need to be individually planned based on where the children are and where they need their learning to progress to.
    JSY x

4. Try clickteaching for maths (well, it caters for all subjects at primary but I only tend to use it for maths). It has every block and unit of maths for every year group and ususally has 3 sets of planning for each block and unit for you to choose from.
    Some of the plans are really good - some of them definately less so - I often use them as a basis for my own planning and amend them. It's a little worksheet heavy - but you don't always have to use them - and you can download them in Word so you can ammend them (I always remove the header and footer and add my own date and learning intention so SMT will think I created them myself!),
    It's about £24 per year but definately worth it in my opinion.

5. Nielle

Nielle New commenter

I've used Bedfordshire Maths before: http://www.schools.bedfordshire.gov.uk/numeracy/
    It doesn't perfectly match up with the new framework, but it's close enough and as long as you adapt it to suit the objectives, it works quite well. And, of course, you'll want to adapt to your class too :) It also gives ideas for activities which is nice. I've always been told not to worry about 'reinventing the wheel' - especially as a student and NQT.
    I don't know of any for literacy other than Hamilton, or any other subject for that matter.
    Hope this helps!