1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Any advice for good teacher and TA relationship?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by LilyMay096, Jan 23, 2019.

1. LilyMay096

LilyMay096 New commenter

Im new to being a TA and usually find getting along with new people fairly okay as I can be chatty if people make me feel comfortable. I get along with all the other staff but just can’t seem to bond well with the teacher I work with. I know I’m not the only one who doesn’t get on with then and others don’t like them more for personal reasons as they can come across rude. This teacher just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable not really seeming interested in getting to know me and almost feels like there’s a constant awkward atmosphere, we do have every different views on behaviour as they are very strict on almost everything where as some minor issues I wouldn’t usually shout at children for, they do. Although I always support their decision and back them up.
    I always get on with my daily tasks fine and ask for some reassurance that I’m doing things how they wanted but feel like I’m almost irritating them when I ask for reassurance? I understand teachers are really busy but I’m new to the job and want to make sure I’m support their learning appropriately and following the same methods they are using.

Any advice on how to bond better with this teacher? We don’t need to be best friends but just so I’m not dreading work everyday. Thank you