1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

any advice appreciated.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by miss_happy01, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice here.

I have recently been informed that I will be made redundant later this year so am job hunting for the first time in 4 years. So far I've applied for 4 jobs and got 2 interviews so I think I'm doing quite well in that respect. Didn't get the jobs due to my rubbish interview technique but I'm working on that.

Anyway I've gone into complete panic mode and all I can think about is finding a new job. There are currently quite a few jobs advertised in my subject area and I know I shouldn't complain about this as I know jobs in some subjects are few and far between and I don't want it to seem like I'm rubbing anyone's nose in it but there are too many for me to apply for (due to the time consuming nature of application forms!)

Has anyone got any tips on how they decide whether a school would be right for them? Do you find reading OFSTED reports useful? etc. I am trying to visit schools before I submit an application but some of them are just too far away for me to do so (looking across the country to maximise my chances).

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me

Thanks

Miss Happy

2. There were originally paragraphs in that I promise!