1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anxious mess!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by suzanne_17, Jun 13, 2019.

1. suzanne_17

suzanne_17 New commenter

Hi everybody,

I’m hoping someone can help me. I have my first ever job interview next week for a LSA role in a school I LOVE so really want to nail the interview.

I have to plan a 20 minute activity were writing is a focus. I have children working from 30-50 months right through to ELG.

They said the activity needs to be lively and engaging.

My brain seems to have short circuited and I just can’t seem to figure out what to do for all those abilities.

I wanted to do a retelling of a story like jack and the beanstalk and firstly show them props like magic beans and ask if they know what story it might be related too. Then read the story and ask them to join in with actions.

I have no idea how to stretch this to be the right challenge for those on ELG though and how it might inspire writing.

Or should I just take in one prop and do a lot of talking and model writing ideas of what it could be?

Or create like a dinosaur foot print and maybe go along the lines of how could we catch a dinosaur?

Any help would be really appreciated, I’m a mess

Thanks everyone!

2. teapot24

teapot24 New commenter

20 minutes is not a long time especially if you would like to do an input and write. Your Jack and the Beanstalk idea sounds lovely maybe you could get them to write what they would like to be at the top of their beanstalk and draw a picture? You could help 30-50 m children by scribing their ideas?