1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anti-Semitic views of Women's March founders

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

[​IMG]

Report: First Time Women's March Leaders Met, Two Leaders Asserted Anti-Semitic Conspiracy Theories

'The first time the leadership of the Women’s March met, two of its leaders, Tamika Mallory and Carmen Perez, allegedly promulgated such nasty anti-Semitism that according to sources for Tablet Magazine, the incident was buried for two years and is only now surfacing. Sources who attended the meeting on November 12, 2016, said Perez and Mallory allegedly stated that Jews had a special collective responsibility as exploiters of black and brown people and allegedly added that Jews were leaders of the American slave trade.

[...]

"We sat in that room for hours. Tamika told us that the problem was that there were five white women in the room and only three women of color, and that she didn’t trust white women. Especially white women from the South. At that point, I kind of tuned out because I was so used to hearing this type of talk from Tamika. But then I noticed the energy in the room changed. I suddenly realized that Tamika and Carmen were facing Vanessa, who was sitting on a couch, and berating her—but it wasn’t about her being white. It was about her being Jewish. "Your people this, your people that." I was raised in the South and the language that was used is language that I’m very used to hearing in rural South Carolina. Just instead of against black people, against Jewish people. They even said to her ‘"your people hold all the wealth." You could hear a pin drop. It was awful."'
    DailyWire.com, 10th Deember 2018.

There are racist grifters, in every area of politics, even in populist feminism.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Prejudice will out.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Saw that myself...

They sat in a room with people who openly attacked Jews and still decided to go ahead with working with them... disgraceful.

They appear to have been influenced by Louis Farrakhan.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  4. sadscientist

sadscientist Established commenter

I'm refraining from commenting about this thread. I can't think of anything to say that won't start someone sniggering "triggered".

Oops.

agathamorse likes this.
  5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Women's March?

Don't tell me they are claiming ownership of the whole month!

agathamorse and Vince_Ulam like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

My understanding is they want 6 of them... 50/50 split in ownership...

For too long men have owned all the months... of course it'll mean a fight over Black History Month...

agathamorse and nomad like this.
  7. Photo51

Photo51 Established commenter

Don't omit Linda Sarsour from the line-up.

artboyusa likes this.
  8. Vince_Ulam

With April, May & June already, a quarter is not good enough for them?

agathamorse and nomad like this.
  9. Vince_Ulam

She is not reported as expressing anti-Semitic views at this meeting.

10. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

11. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sums it up
    upload_2018-12-24_6-20-38.png

If they have privilege then they are free to abuse... if they a minority then they have to be protected.

What a disgusting mindset. Just try being a nice person... isn't that difficult. But no, this intersectional rubbish pollutes everything.

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

13. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

14. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

agathamorse likes this.