1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anti-depressants and HRT

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by jonowen, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Anyone else on both? (just curious)

2. jonowen

Anyone else on both? (just curious)

3. I am on flouxetine and also estriol pessaries ( for sore lady bits). Managed to avoid full scale HRT but have suffered quite badly in the nether regions. Have other health issues, hence the ADs.

4. jonowen

I am on citalopram (10mg) and HRT and wonder is it best to take one morning and the other at night? I prefer to take both with my breakfast or I forget [​IMG]

5. My mum is on Citalopram ... she takes it in the morning. I don't think there's any problem taking your HRT a.m too unless the instructions say otherwise. I have to use my HRT pessaries at night.

6. jonowen

Thanks Mrs. Mo!

7. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

I'm on a whole cocktail of ADs, including Citalopram and also take Edronax HRT. All go down my thtroat at the same time each day and I have never had any side effects. GP told me it was fine to take them all together. The HRT is the best thing ever invented!!

8. jonowen

Thank you GL - and full agreement with you about HRT being wonderful (for you and me anyway!!)
    [​IMG]