1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anti- Bullying Assembly

Discussion in 'Primary' started by oxfordblue, Nov 15, 2008.

1. What a week! And it's not even over yet! So many things have been not as I planned that it's just a joke ... heaven knows what the assembly will be like tomorrow! We've had no practice due to circumstance beyond our control and children keep being off ill - how can they be so inconsiderate?!

Hope things are going better for you

Good luck for your assembly

Jules

2. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Your week sounds like it's been as hectic as mine! Our assembly has completely gone out the window as 3 of the 6 staff at my school have been off sick for the last 2 days!

Our assembly isn't going to be on anti bullying anymore. It's just going to be showing the work we've done in English this week on The Wreck of the Zanzibar by Michael Morpurgo. They have done some really good work, including some good drama. It's a real shame that it hasn't worked out for our anti bullying assembly but I'm just looking forward to the end of the week now!

Good luck tomorrow, hope it goes better than I have a feeling mine will!

3. deeley

deeley New commenter

have previously used UGLY by the sugababes - went down very well, and children commented they hadn't thought about lyrics before, just sang it not thinking.

I plan on starting lesson with debate with my year 5's tomorrow on following theme: John seargent and strictly, Daniel and X Factor, Bullied? Discuss. should be interesting...

4. I've stuck with the anti-bullying theme and I know that they will pass on some good messages to the rest of the school but the lack of time has really got to me! Just hoping they can pull it out of the bag tomorrow and pretend they know what they're doing! If anyone else is ill we've had it!
    The end of the day will be bliss ... and I'm being treated to a meal out by my hubby. I'll just have to try not to bore him with too many details of my day!

5. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Well, how did it go?

Hope it all went to plan. Mine was ok I guess, nothing special but perfectly fine.

:)

6. What a day! One I wouldn't want to repeat but the assembly went ok and the week is finally over!

Glad yours was ok too even if it wasn't what you'd planned! Good job we can't see into the future isn't it! We'd probably never do the job we do!

Jules

7. when running a school assembly on anti bullying always keep your focus on the role of the bystanders. Bullying is all about bad behavior and the only way to change bad behavior is to focus on the 98% that watch it going on. Educating bystanders that complacent = complicit is very important. need more info
    http://www.reportbullying.com