1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anthony Nolan bone marrow register - is anyone a member?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by chocolate_cupcake, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have just applied to be on the Anthony Nolan Bone Marrow register. I'm wondering if anyone on here is a member and what was involved in being selected?
    Thanks

2. I'm registered for bone marrow. I signed up when giving blood but I assume its the Anthony Nolan register, all they did was take an extra small blood sample in addition to the blood donation and I had to fill in a form. I few weeks later I got a letter to say I was on the list. I doubt I'll ever get called up because I'm not a shortage minority group but I do get pestered if I miss a blood donor session - the joys of having the rarest blood group.

3. ref

ref

I've been on this register for years now. As I remember, I attended a 'recruitment' session and answered a few questions. Then I had a simple blood test.
    Never been contacted as a match yet.

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I'm glad you asked this question as I too have applied to go on the register and wondered what would happen next.

5. Thanks for your replies. I have had an email saying they need further information regarding my application. I have to call them back sometime between Mon-Fri, 9-5. Fingers crossed they will accept me!