1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Anterior cruciate ligament repair

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by deliasmithbook, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

It is a shame that my surgery is going to be one that it cannot be done at a private clinic - will have to be done at a major teaching hospital
    Hope that the surgery goes well

2. Glad to hear all went well, gardening leaves. Ive just nursed my son through his 2nd ACL reconstruction. He is doing well but he was in a lot of pain from the hamstring harvest, as was predicted! Ops on both legs as this was his 2nd ACL.

3. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Urg! Let's not temp fate here! [​IMG] I am surprised - I thought it would hurt, but it hasn't hurt at all! I haven't needed the painkillers at all, really.

4. Hope it is still going well GL and I hope your son is mending as well justbrowsing - that sounds really painful.
    I feel like I've got toothache in my knee today and it is crunching like someone standing on a bag of crisps. I wore a knee support yesterday and that didn't seem to help much - it just crunched more. I'm just hoping that when I go to see the consultant that he will listen when I tell him that I think this is linked to my neck problem - at least with the knee it is really obvious that there is a ligament problem - they might realise that I'm not imagining the other stuff then. I'm fed up with feeling like an old lady.

5. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

Hope that your recovery and rehab is going well GL

6. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

Thanks Tigger. I'm told it's going well by the physio I see weekly. I can bend and straighten it fully and can walk up and down stairs normally. I don't use crutches around the house but still use them if I go out. I can't walk far without it feeling achy, but I think that's where the hamstring harvest site is healing.
    Last Wednesday (surgery + 10 days) the physio had me riding a bike in the gym and squats are introduced into the daily exercise regime already! Stitches out last Friday and there's hardly anything to see already. Arthroscopy really is very clever!

7. Wow - that's amazing progress. It will stop you going round the bend with inactivity.