1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Answers for Cambridge Technicals Portfolio Units Level 3

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by PoundStretcher, Jan 22, 2018.

1. PoundStretcher

PoundStretcher New commenter

We are currently offering the above qualification and we are not sure that we have got out students to produce the necessary detail to achieve the right answers for their financial calculations in Units 11 and 13. Does anyone have a master set of "answers" that they have created for their groups for these units. I am willing to share the answers we have to help the process along if required.

Thanks in advance.

2. adamcdaniels

adamcdaniels New commenter

Hi There

Just putting one together. I don't quite get task 4. It seems to me that there ought to be some revenue expenditure and some sales (cash or credit), Otherwise it's a bit dull and the Merit task is more difficult. I have suggested loss on disposals instead of depreciation for the write-down on the value of the car (as we had already discussed for Task 1 that Jonathan original valuation cannot possibly be described as prudent.)

I'll upload my answers to the tasks in Task 2 and how I have adjusted the task

With the written part I'm just insisting on correct terminology when explaining step by step what they have done, which we have spent a chunk of lesson time drilling into them (although they obsess about "Is it carried down or brought down") so they do use credit, debit, balance, double entry, contra etc effectively

Attached Files: