1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another 'when will I hear?' post...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by captain oats, Feb 26, 2012.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I am awaiting news of a recent application and the not knowing is driving me mad (I know I'm not alone in this!). I am fully prepared to be told that I shouldn't expect to hear anything so honest replies are welcome....

Sent application form 1st class on Monday. Closing date for applications was noon Friday 24th. Interview dates are listed as Wednesday 29th and Thursday 1st March.
    In the job advert it states that those shortlisted will we informed about interview process 'in writing'.

Does 'in writing' mean via post/email? Do you think I would have heard by now if I was successful? Thanks.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Wait until Monday's post has come before you lose hope.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com