1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another wee question

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by kibosh, Aug 22, 2011.

1. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Could someone please clarify for me how many days you need to have worked in a year to qualify for your incremental rise?
    Also, is it at least one day a week for 26 consecutive weeks, or just at least one day a week for a total of 26 weeks?
    I did try and find this info on the SNCT website, but failed.
    Thank you.

2. Any 26 weeks in the year. Although don't know how long this will last, they're going to ditch it [​IMG]

3. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Ditch what? Surely they can't drop the incremental rise?!

4. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

Well, in the interests of economy, they could send all teachers back to point 1, like they did with supply teachers, but maybe still pay them for 7 hours to maintain the difference........That might open a few eyes!

5. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Can't see it. Hope I'm not proved wrong.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Thanks for replies folks. I was certain I was due my incremental rise, but council bungling (they are so good at this) meant that yet again this year, when they looked at peoples service records at the start of the month, mine had some weird nonsense written on it stating that my salary did not need looked at until April 2012 and so they ignored my file. All sorted now.
    If anybody is ever writing a book of fiction or fact and needs some anecdotal evidence of the multiple ways that HR and Payroll can muck someone about, contact me. [​IMG]