1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another tv programme: The slap

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Oct 23, 2011.

1. catmother

catmother Star commenter

2. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I read the book last month (wasn't too keen on it) but very interested to see what this is like.

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I read the book while on holiday in the summer. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read but I have never come across so many unlikeable characters in one book! I wonder how the TV series will compare ....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The book was just an excuse for soft **** and bad language and had little to commend it.

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Now I'm really looking forward to it!

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Exactly!
    It was perfect 'switch off and get away from it all' holiday reading ... for that very reason [​IMG]

7. moose2

moose2 New commenter

[​IMG]

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Agree about the objectionable characters. Not enjoyable bedtime reading for me. Will probably give it a try on tele though.

9. I'll have to tape it since I know it's one of the books Son2 has got me for my birthday!

10. They started showing this in Oz a few weeks ago.... I've only seen the first episode, but it was good!!!