1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another training day from hell

Discussion in 'Primary' started by countrybumpkin, Jan 4, 2011.

1. countrybumpkin

countrybumpkin New commenter

Does anyone else always come out of training days wanting to job hunt or sleep for a hundred years?
    Why oh why do they always lead to more work? Why oh why is 50% of this new work more pathetic form filling which will not help the kids one tiny bit.
    When on earth does it stop? Can we just keep getting more and more and more work. Surely not possible. I just want to escape all this and stay in bed.

2. countrybumpkin

Does anyone else always come out of training days wanting to job hunt or sleep for a hundred years?
    Why oh why do they always lead to more work? Why oh why is 50% of this new work more pathetic form filling which will not help the kids one tiny bit.
    When on earth does it stop? Can we just keep getting more and more and more work. Surely not possible. I just want to escape all this and stay in bed.

3. I'm with you on this one! Would rather teach the children - or if they need another day off at least give us time to make the classroom exciting!

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Yep. Another pile of paper and list of stuff to do. On top of all the other stuff to do. When will it ever end or change? None of this paperwork is of any use to the children, it's ALL for Ofsted.

5. We had a brilliant fun speaker, in a lovely hotel with very nice food and finished at 2! No work to do afterwards, just thought provoking stuff.
    Sometimes ( in fact, most of the time!) I love my school[​IMG]

6. who was speaker

7. Andy Cope, great fun[​IMG]

8. countrybumpkin

I wish!

9. Msz

Msz Established commenter

and are you all Brilliant now [​IMG]
    (it is the Art of being Brilliant author isn't it? [​IMG] )

10. Yes, he's the one! I'm not quite Brilliant yet, but I'm darn near perfect[​IMG]

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Spy dog Andy Cope?
    He cane to our school and did some writing and motivationalnstuff with the children. Brilliant!

12. The one and the same, he must be a busy chap!

13. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

He must be, he was very good, gave a very positive message to the children and got some relucatnt writers really fired up. He brought the dog and managed to fit a visit to Mr CGs school in the same day. Busy chap indeed.

14. Lucky you, we had him to speak this time last year. A really good day was had by all, unlike today, which was hard work. I just find it hard to get back into the swing of things, and would much prefer to have just a morning session (if needs be) and the afternoon to sort stuff out for tomorrow, instead of having to fit it in while I am at home, supposedly having the 'life' part of my 'work-life' balance!!!
    Oh well, back to the grindstone!!

15. angelmouse75

angelmouse75 New commenter

Wen spent the first half our day listening to a woman with a very distracting poodle perm talk to us about how to be an outstanding teacher - an exercise that I feel should have taken an hour at most and then I spent the whole afternoon 'learning' how to use the school's VLE, which I had already spent an hour learning to use last month. I managed to squeeze twenty minutes in at the end of the day to make sure I had enough books and paper in my classroom and that was it.
    Pointless!

16. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

17. Dopey Dwarf

Dopey Dwarf New commenter

We also had the 'Outstanding teacher' Inset. It was sh**e. It took a full day - be there at 8.30am for start at 9.00am and finished at 3.15pm. No flamin time to do anything in school due to caretaker and gang finishing at 3pm. Went in today to a classroom of differently set out tables and not all facing the front. Stuff not in usual place etc. Hopefully never a gain!

18. We had a brilliant fun speaker, in a lovely hotel with very nice food and finished at 2! No work to do afterwards, just thought provoking stuff.
    Sometimes ( in fact, most of the time!) I love my school[​IMG]

Where do you work? And are they looking for any new staff perchance?? [​IMG]