1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Another thing for schools to teach

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Nov 10, 2018.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Old news. Chris Woodhead was doing this years ago;)

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh that is good... and oh so wrong at the same time...

4. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

The mind boggles when wondering how these lessons would be differentiated for different achievement levels.

bevdex, JL48, Geoff Thomas and 7 others like this.
  5. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I don't think it's wrong for sex education (which is happening anyway - so not really another thing) to include the information that women are supposed to enjoy it too and not just submit to it for male pleasure.

bonxie, vannie, Northern_Miss and 5 others like this.
  6. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Indeed. I was far far far too old when I finally realised that sex didn't end because he'd finished.

Jesmond12 and InkyP like this.
  7. DrResource

DrResource New commenter

I'm not exactly an expert on orgasms! Too bl**dy tired after teaching all day!

bevdex and lanokia like this.
  8. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

Naughty, naughty!

9. schoolsout4summer

schoolsout4summer Star commenter

I thought that this thread was going to be about that Martin Lewis book on Personal Finance, that I believe has been sent to every secondary school in England - all paid for by himself, I might add.

10. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Me too! Heard him talking about it on R4.

schoolsout4summer likes this.
  11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

A double lesson could be quite demanding I imagine, and how would the homework be marked?

emerald52 likes this.
  12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Shhh!

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Which is more than Gove could do with his Bibles!

14. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Jess Phillips seems like an excellent woman. Born and bred in her constituency and a voice for common sense as a rule but please Jess, tell parents to talk to their children.

15. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Pleasure? Enjoyment?
    I thought it was for procreation?

16. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Why not?
    Even better, teach girls AND boys about female orgasms, as well as male. Surely, ideally, it takes two.....

ETA In fact, I thought female orgasm WAS already taught? I certainly mentioned it when teaching Y6 SRE.

bevdex and Northern_Miss like this.
  17. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You don't need a double lesson. 10 minutes and a cigarette break after should do it;)

18. Robberto

Robberto Occasional commenter

On a Monday I already teach:

morning maths, assembly, guided reading, writing, maths (again), spelling, science and RE, My children are 6.

:mad:

I have no time nor energy for orgasms o_O

19. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Probably why as with sex apparently, the men will just lie back and sleep while the women fight among themselves.

Only a week or so ago they had some female expert on Jeremy Vine and she made sure she kept repeating 'women tend only to watch male gay **** as they see the women in **** so obviously do not enjoy it'.

Annoying he (Vine) did not challenge her on this but at the same time it is indeed this idea that women must never, ever admit to enjoying sex and that every woman involved in **** is 'obviously' forced into it and 'obviously' hating every second it, that leads to the uncertainties.

And it is women ordering women to think that.

20. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Rather than agreeing or disagreeing with the article, I find myself tending towards amusement at the accompanying photo.
    For some reason.